Lakshya conducts the International Primary Curriculum for children aged 5 – 11 years old. It is a comprehensive, thematic, creative curriculum, with a clear process of learning and specific learning goals for every subject. It also develops international mindedness and encourages personal learning.
Why Choose the Lakshya Primary Wing (LPW) Programme
- The LPW Programme is flexible and can be adapted to children’s interests and level of understanding
- It can be integrated with other curriculum to ensure you’re meeting statutory requirements, in a creative and engaging way
- At Lakshya, facilitators as well as students are connected to International community of schools, teachers and learners with access to an online space for information sharing. The International School Award Programme in collaboration with British Council, India greatly helps in making
- It helps engage parents with learning, and to understand the relevance of learning in the classroom and at home
- Assessment is done by teachers and children to help engage them with learning, and understand their level of skills and knowledge
- The encourages collaboration and reflection not just between teachers and pupils, but amongst teachers within the school and worldwide
Importantly the lakshya Primary Curriculum has a strong element of Internationalism built into each unit of work. Through the curriculum at Lakshya we provide opportunities for our children to:
- recognize their own culture and have a sense of identity.
- be open-minded.
- be respectful of other cultures and beliefs
- be aware of and celebrate diversity and commonality
- have respect for and value other people, their ideas and opinions
- be able to communicate (have good interpersonal skills
- be adaptable
- be aware of and show an interest in global issues.